Thursday, May 15, 2008

Characteristics of the Crucified Life

I am on week ten of Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself, a 10 week study of the Fruit of the Spirit. I know the Lord brought this into my life at such a time as this, as each week has been exactly what I desperately needed in my life at that time. This morning I flipped back to week 1 and studied the Ten Characteristics of the Crucified Life again:
1. Few will understand
2. You must abandon your own will and your own agenda
3. Your intimate spiritual companions will be few
4. Intense times of aloneness with God are required
5. You will be constantly on the witness stand
6. You must go "outside the camp"
7. There will be times when your dignity is forfeited
8. You must forgo your rights
9. You must accept that death is painful
10. BECAUSE HE WAS FORSAKEN, YOU NEVER WILL BE

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! I can SO identify with each of those characteristics. It was an encouragement to be reminded that this is what's "normal." I can understand why it's been encouraging to you too. Thanks for sharing!