A toast to the summer solstice

Well, it's a few days late, but HAPPY SUMMERTIME! My most-loved season by far . . . what is not to love about summer? Open windows, bare feet, iced tea, sweaty little necks, garage sales, the smell of suntan lotion, warm fat tomatoes plucked fresh from the garden, watermelon dripping to your toes . . . heck on July four I even love America. And one of my best-loved summertime events is the summer solstice! Simply because it is the longest day of the year, marking the peak of a season dedicated to bright early mornings, long lazy afternoons, late evening walks, and fireflys. Life at it's juiciest. I realize that the summer solstice is celebrated around the world by new agers and sun worshipers of which I am neither. However the first day of summer is the perfect day to celebrate . . . summer!

Comments

Popular Posts