Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random: the Fair, Palin, Sam cut her hair . . . that pretty much sums it up may not want to bother reading this one

I've been wanting to blog but schedules and naptimes are all out of wack right now . . . my mind is all jumbled-up now too.  This will be pretty random . . .

Fair Week.  Never thought I would still look forward to the fair so much but now with kids anything that (gets us out of the house) is educational and community-oriented is something to squeal about.  And the girls like it too.  I felt rather Sarah Palin-ish as I pushed the stroller around our small-town fair, imagining how in my VP speech I will say that I've been a lifelong supporter of . . . cows . . . and all the farmers and dairy world will have rallies for me and our county 4H will make me an honorary member, and I'll say that the only difference between a 4H mom and a pit bull is a well-decorated booth.  Because 4H moms don't seem to wear lipstick.  
Speaking of Sarah Palin, I am having second thoughts about her.  As I admitted before, it was the fact that she is a mother of five, with a newborn, that attracted me to her.  And now it's the mom in me wondering if she really should be running for Vice President . . . this really is not a sexist issue . . . I believe that children need their mother.  The idealist in me wants to think that she really can pull it all off, can manage to be an involved mother and Vice President of the United States.  But really . . . I can't even find time to shave my legs.  She may be a better multi-tasker than me, but how much is one woman really capable of?  I don't know if it is fair to her tiny baby and other children to have to share their mother with the rest of the free world.   

Sami cut her hair.  Wacked it right off.  Whose job is it to keep scissors away from the children anyway? 

We took her to get it fixed-up, and she was SO excited which was so much fun that it was almost worth her chopping her hair off.  But not.
Dad and Peanut had fun, too.



Sami this morning with her new do.  I happened to catch her nursing her baby which she likes to do and is so beautiful and sweet and wonderful.  I only wish she wouldn't call it "milking."   

6 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

MILKING!!! Hilarious. I'm pretty sure the fair only reinforced that idea :)
I have said the same thing about Palin as VP. Not as a sexist thing either, but as in
IT BLOWS my MIND to imagine multi-tasking to that extent. I guess you'd have an army of nannies and assistants and very specific set apart quality time with the kiddos, but um...STILL. I too cannot shave my legs (or bathe). Maybe I'm just terrible with time management, but I don't know...

SJ said...

Jess! You crack me UP!!! I laughed for a minute straight when I finihsed reading this. I LOVE it. Great post, all the way through. :)

Writer Dad said...

My daughter called it milking too. Funny.

malloryelise. said...

oh my word. this all made me laugh so much. and sami's haircut looks so cute!

betsycq said...

I love this entry. I can't believe she cut her own hair. What did you think when you first saw that? I love the milking picture too. most girls have bottles for their baby dolls. Sami is one of a kind (and that's a good thing.) Oh, and peanut's face in that picture is priceless!!!

TheVanFam said...

This entry was halarious! I love the picture of Jim and Annie, that will definately have to go in her wedding video!