Sunday, October 12, 2008

This made me want to jump up and down

What has your sin taught you?
Sin is a great teacher. Of course, we all have sinned as Romans makes very clear. One of the wonderful discoveries as you work with Jesus is that he is never upset at sinners. Go through the four Gospels, it is very clear in the text.

It's amazing the energy we put into ferreting out sinners, punishing and excluding them, and yet Jesus is only upset at people who don't think they are sinners.
-from The Little Way by Richard Rohr

(forward from a friend who really should have her own blog for all the amazing quotes she finds)

5 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

I jump up and down over quotes like this too. :)

SJ said...

Hey, what's your email address? I keep getting messages that my emails can't make it to your hotmail account. Do you have a new email?

charrette said...

This is a great quote. I was just having a conversation about this idea the other day. (Although I think the topic had something to do with politics.) :) I couldn't resist injecting this idea...

Betty said...

"he is never upset at sinners"
It's a good thing that is true, especially lately, or he'd be upset with me on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment Jessica!
I so love reading your original writing....wish I could write like that!!! Vi