When saw we thee?

Today I thought I'd write about motherhood.   But then I ran across this link from this precious person, (several other profound links from her today) and my mommy-mush seems much less important.  I think you need to look.  
"You realize how absolutely blessed you are by the fate of your soul coming down the chute in the United States of America," she says. "You wonder: Why did this happen to me and not to them?' '' 
I can't stop thinking about Matthew 25, when it says
the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.  (vv 37-40)  
There has never been more information.  Did you click the link?  You saw it.  I see it.  We know, and SEE the hungry and sick and imprisoned every time we turn on our television or click on our computer.  There is no excuse that we didn't see.  

It struck me that these verses immediately follow the parable of the talents, really it's the same passage.  Why have I never noticed this before!   Is this not the most profoundly simple and direct answer to the question, "What should I do with my life"?

Comments

Popular Posts