Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome home, Blog!

Anyone attempting to go to my blog in the past three days would have found a notice that the blog had been removed. You can imagine my surprise Sunday morning when I woke to find this information myself! After mildly freaking out, I sent a bunch of help reports, and fortunately this morning my blog was finally returned to me! Ahhhhh...

This made me realize that I need to back-up my posts! I have written them directly on blogger, assuming that is a safe place. It is not.

Apparently this is a rather common problem. Robo-cops routinely search blogs for possible spam, and can mistakenly remove nice, obedient, human blogs like mine! If this happens to you, follow the links to the Help reports, and send a polite request to the Blog gods to have your blog back. Then do it again. And again. I found that the message I sent saying "please" and "thank-you" was the first to get any attention. You're apparently at the mercy of Whoever-May-Care, so maybe politeness can get you farther than freaking out. You never know.

Anyway, I am quite happy and relieved to have my little Blog back and sincerely hope that anyone who tried to stop and found it removed will realize that I would NEVER do such a thing, and will come back soon! And, I have had lots of time to think of posts to write which, kids cooperating, will be coming soon!

2 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

Oh no! I would freak too. I have no idea how to back it up, but I suppose I should :)

If you disappeared, I'd probably freak even more.

charrette said...

So glad you're back! I was getting worried. And having it disappear like that kind of creeped me out...like it could happen to anyone at anytime, and no one is safe...

Ah, I just need to focus on the fact that they found it, and you're back. Yay!