Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I found this, The Simple Woman's Daybook from my sweet friend Becky, and think it's just the right thing for tonight:

Outside my window . . .  today I saw a bird's nest in a tree out our kitchen window, which Sami is very excited to go check-out tomorrow.  (She was too sick today to go out).

I am thinking . . . about the future and trying not to stress.  

I am thankful for . . . two sweet girls peacefully sleeping.

From the kitchen . . . always looking for things to do with all the free beef we get from my parents (a HUGE blessing).  I'm tired of pot roast, but tonight I tried this recipe from Tyler Florence and liked it.

I am wearing . . . blue Old Navy t-shirt, grey tank, pajama pants.

I am creating . . . a business! (shhhh, it's a secret)!

I am going . . . to the library for storytime tomorrow.  We LOVE our teeny tiny library.

I am reading . . . The Catcher in the Rye.

I am hoping . . . my kids sleep well tonight and are healthy again soon (just colds, but still).

I am hearing . . . the cool mist humidifier in my girls' bedroom.

Around the house . . . a box of kleenex, and basket of library books, a doll named Chloe, today's newspaper, books we read tonight, my grey hoodie.

One of my favorite things . . . A Spiritual Formation Workbook and my Wednesday morning small group.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  tomorrow- hopefully get some biz. work done in the morning, story time at the library, a play date in the afternoon, business meeting in the evening, vegetable beef soup from the leftover pot roast for dinner.  Friday- Upstate Minestrone.  Saturday- homemade mac and cheese (I have been craving!), and hopefully get a lot of work done . . . I guess I don't have any plans for the weekend.  Jim has to work on Saturday.  Sunday- bake something for church fellowship after service.

Visit the simple womans daybook to share yours.

4 comments:

charrette said...

I loved getting this little window into your world. I feel like we almost got to hang out for a little while.

And I'm oh, so curious about that new business you're starting. Do tell!

Becky said...

hey, jess...i love doing these and love reading them! keep us posted on the new biz...and hey, thanx for making me hungry!! menus make me so hungry! =)

Heather of the EO said...

I hope the business thing goes UNsecret soonly :)

pleiades said...

i agree, i can't wait to hear about the new business opportunity you have. i liked this post as well. very relaxed and i feel like i was invited right inside your home.