Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Links

This week has uncovered too many pearls not to mention . . .

Can we abuse God's grace? from A Practical Theology for Women
. . . what do you think?

"The greatest thing you can do for your kids is learn to focus on yourself."  And,  "What the kids need at a moment like this is a parent who can keep his cool. A parent able to calm himself down allows a child to explore his or her full range of emotions without spiraling out of control." from what kids need most- cool parents from Simple Mom.

A church that- finds purpose in hope from The Bridge.

This quote has been on my my all week since I read it.  Why aren't more people saying this to mothers?
Those days of the little ones seem never ending, until you look back and in a blink of an eye they are over! so many things i thought i needed to accomplish back then, but in hindsight none were really important. fixing the meals, wiping their faces and kissing their cheeks and falling on my face before the Lord each day is about all i should have expected of myself and all God ever expected of me.
-a comment from Melissa of the Inspired Room, on a post from Amber of the Run a muck, via Emily, Chatting at the Sky.  (and I think I got there from Megan at Sorta Crunchy.  whew.  Isn't blogland amazing!)

I don't know where to begin posting from a Holy Experience.  I thought I was going to link to this one on Forging Solitude or this on teaching your children to worship . . . but then I read this . . . and linked to this . . . I love this woman.  Rich, beautiful stuff here.

And then there are the things that break my heart.

2 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

I loved the post on grace. I have to print it and keep it and think on it. It's REALLY thought-provoking. Because I've always wondered at which point (like there's an exact one) do we err by grace abuse. I struggled with such guilt over my own grace abuse. I have a much easier time extending grace to others, no matter what they do. But myself? hmmmm, I think I thought I was running out of grace, cutting things off with God because of my own habitual behaviors, sins, and thought-life. I could go on and on...

And the quote about motherhood...well, I might have to steal it. I've been working on a post in response to the motherhood question on the EO and it's just so perfect for what I have to say. So now it will be shared across about six blogs :) LOVE it.

Amber@theRunaMuck said...

I have not read this post yet. I just had to jump straight to your comments and say OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS! the title of your blog is from one of my very favorite poems ever. I have the whole of it memorized.

I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass
how to be idle and blessed ....

Ahhhh. I love it. I think I love YOU.

And now I'm reading your post, and YES! Praise Be! You have linked to the greats, and I am not fit to be among their blog handles.

Please let's be friends. Also, you quote Tim Keller? Seriously, now Seth loves you, too.