Friday, April 10, 2009

Preach the Gospel to Yourself-spring

This was sent to me in an email from a friend, and I think it describes grace beautifully.
The weather has finally broken here. I know that seems mundane, but it's revelatory every year for me. Once I can actually step outside and feel good, feel the sun, I think, "Geez. How in the world did I survive another winter?" I actually like winter, but it's not until it's over that I realize how long and how trying it's been. Spring is like a gift I almost forget I'm going to get, having resigned myself to short, gray days and howling wind. I imagine this is something like the experience some call grace and others call miracle: something happens completely outside my control that alters everything about my life, so that I have more energy, am more favorably disposed to others, take better care of myself, think more clearly, feel happier.

3 comments:

charrette said...

I love the last sentence of that quote. Love it.

Heather of the EO said...

I love the last sentence too, and can SO relate. Spring has finally sprung (at least a little) around here and this is exactly how I feel about it.

Lovely.

Angie said...

Spring's melody is beautiful, isn't it? And grace's is even more so.