Saturday, November 21, 2009

What If Jesus Meant All That Stuff?

It's been another pleasant weekend, particularly in the food category.

Jim and I got a date on Friday, did a little Christmas shopping, and got to eat at our favorite Indian Restaurant.  I heart Indian food all the time, but when I'm pregnant, I dream about it.

Today the Hartzler family gathered for Thanksgiving at my grandparents'.  We are so blessed that both of my grandparents on this side are still so healthy and active.  My grandma continues to insist on fixing the entire feast for the whole family . . . I've lost track of how many that is now . . . four children, eleven grandchildren . . . I forget how many great-grandchildren, and a few great-great grandchildren!  My grandma's cooking is amazing . . . homemade bread and jam, pies, creamed peas, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, noodles . . . this is one very satisfied pregnant woman tonight!  

Here are some links I liked this week . . . I'm going hunting for ice cream.

What If Jesus Meant All That Stuff?
Shane Claiborne- Letter to Non-Believers, in Esquire magazine

3 comments:

deb said...

thx for the link to the article by Shane Clairborne.
so true.

Becky said...

the shane claiborne link was great!! exactly what i have been thinking about lately-alot!! luv you guys. have a happy thanksgiving!

Heather of the EO said...

Oh how I've missed visiting you! I've been so scattered and busy, I was far behind! So I sat and gobbled up your words and loved it.

Now off to read the links...