I am really enjoying living in our sweet little town, however I have a strong suspicion that our tiny library is under some fierce censorship.  (On the positive side, if you are a fan of "Inspirational Literature", you would be very happy here).  So, simply because it was the only book I could grab that intrigued me, combined with my curiosity over all of the chatter about the series among women in their 30s . . . made me decide to see for myself what all of the fuss is about.  I read the first Twilight book, and yes, it's cheesy in parts and more than a little eye-rolling sappy . . . but, it did hold my attention and even kept me admittedly captivated by this dangerous but dreamy teenage boy- er- vampire.   Who hasn't experienced a similar crush?  I don't know that I'll read the rest of the series . . . if you don't plan to read them, or don't mind a plot spoiler, this is hilarious.

Ruth wrote a post about a series of sermon podcasts by Greg Boyd on poverty, particularly one titled "A Touch of Reality," about people in poverty perhaps greater than material poverty, those who are relationally poor, people who nobody notices.  He talked about some of the invisible people in our society, how those are the people Christ spent his time with, to tell them that they are real.  It is a really moving sermon, perhaps the best kind of "Christmas" message.

Speaking of Christmas, this is a great post: We're Expecting  
 . . . I submit that there are purposes in our stables as well.

Be well!

Comments

Thank you for the link, friend! And I am going to be clicking around from here. I am dying to read The Irresistible Revolution. Have you read Jen Hatmaker's Interrupted? I interviewed her for my blog but haven't gotten the post up yet.
charrette said…
The Twilight summary spoofs are hilarious. I only read the first book two...kind of pre-reading it to see if I wanted my daughter to read it. I have serious issues with the whole sexual predator idea underlying the relationship. And deceiving parents. And more. But I decided to talk to my daughter about the objections and concerns I had and let her make her own decision. (Of course she decided to read them. All.)

And I love, love, LOVE that post about Mary and the stable. My husband and I have been pondering the meaning in some of our most recent stables, discovering the goodness where initially all we noticed was the stench.

Thanks for the links. I've missed you.

Popular Posts