Book 17: Little Bee



I just finished this book last night, one of those breathtaking, heart-pounding books that leaves you unable to sleep after.  Stunning.  Heartbreaking.  Hopeful.  Brilliant.  

I devoured this book in two nights, couldn't put it down.  I love the way the writing feels- musical.  And I love a book that sweeps me away with a story but also shows me a world that I need to know.  The reality of life for refugees is beyond horrible.  Beyond terror.  Unimaginable.  This book left me broken for displaced people and their untold stories, and shaken again with the reality of evil and suffering in the world.  But the book is a fascinating, surprising read and leaves a taste of hope.

Comments

Fijufic said…
Always a thrill to read a great book...
I've just been reading and reading here, catching up with you. I haven't had much blog-reading time lately, but I always like to sit with you who remain one of my very most favorite places on the web, and soak up your words.

I love them all. Just saying.

And also. HOW am I supposed to keep up with reading all these wonderful books???? I have a tall pile on my nightstand because of you and Lindsey from A Design So Vast. I trust your book judgment, both of you, and want to read ALL that you love....and so I think I need to just stop the rest of life and read for one year. :)
charrette said…
Ditto everything Heather said.
And I am ordering this right now.
charrette said…
Ditto everything Heather said.
And I am ordering this right now.

Popular Posts