2010 book wrap-up


Book 24: The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffeneger

My first impression of this book was that it was too slow moving and sappy, but the story grew on me and I eventually decided that I liked the book a lot.  It is a rare and impossible love story that you want to believe is true.  Even though the obvious time traveling part is far from logical- but isn't there an element of the unexplainable in all true love?


Book 25:  A Literary Christmas

I didn't finish this book, but it was a great one to read at Christmas for just a story or two at night, when I didn't have time to do a lot of reading anyway.


Book 26:  Grace Based Parenting
This is my favorite Christian parenting book.  It's all about parenting the way God parents us- with tons of grace and second chances.  Highly recommend!


Book 27: How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way
I borrowed this from Sami's preschool.  A good, easy to understand overview of Montessori with solid, practical ways to apply it in the home.

Comments

I felt the same way about Time Traveler's Wife. I need to scroll back through and read your reviews that I've missed!
ShortyRobs said…
Thanks for the Grace Based Parenting recommendation- I've been really searching for a good solid parenting read :)

LOVE, love , LOVE Montessori education. One of my 2011 goals is to set-up a Reggio/ Montessori- inspired playroom in our dungeon basement :)

Have I ever recommended Beautiful Stuff to you? http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Stuff-Learning-Found-Materials/dp/0871923882/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294267665&sr=8-1
Pretty sure you would LOVE it!

Popular Posts