Wednesday, January 12, 2011

4:53pm

One year ago I was at my parents' home in Florida.  We had likely come home from the beach or the park and were preparing dinner.  I was reading the Help.  The news was on t.v.

First came the news about an earthquake in Haiti, and as I jumped on facebook in hopes of making sure my friends were okay, I told myself that it was probably just a small one . . . but there was this growing anxiety in me.

The earthquake was far worse than anyone could have imagined.

One year ago today 300,000 people lost their lives.

Today, things are not better in Haiti.

There are no explanations, no words . . .  at the end of our understanding, the end of our vocabulary, we can only bring this huge sorrow to God and long for the day when all shall be well.

Please remember, today, to pray for Haiti.

3 comments:

Fijufic said...

Horrific...

Heather of the EO said...

Thank you for being you, for bringing this up when most have forgotten or are simply distracted.

Praying with you...

Fijufic said...

We live in a world of chaos.