aliens were texting me last night I am not even kidding

Is anyone else slightly weirded out by the dead birds falling out of the sky?

Well I guess it was on my mind when I fell asleep last night, because in the middle of the night I woke up to a soft, low-frequency humming sound, and I knew exactly what it was.

Aliens.

I lay very still, listening and waiting- for what?
blinking lights?
dead birds falling on the roof?
It sounded like a very quiet vibration, and so finally I got up to check my phone to see if the noise was somehow coming from there.  I noticed that I had an unread text message from a number I didn't recognize.  This is what it said:
"Look first at the base of their skulls and behind their ears.  We're free of them now, but it's been a rough week." 
(I could not make this up). 
I froze.  
Obviously, the English-speaking aliens were communicating, and the message was somehow transmitted to my phone!

I got up and crept from room to room, peering out the blinds, looking for signs of extra terrestrials.

I debated who to call:
the police?
surely Brian Williams would want to know?

As I was thinking I happened to see that I had only read the second part of a text.  The first part read:

Just to let you know, (our son) got lice.  You should check your kids for nits . .. 

 I still don't know what the buzzing noise was, but I am going to stop eating chocolate before I go to bed.

Comments

Fijufic said…
Nothing like Lice and Aliens to ruin a perfect nights sleep...
MommyJ said…
OH that is so funny. Cryptic texts are the best. Even more so when they aren't actually cryptic... just read through a middle of the night fog!
I love weird dreams, always crack me right up. Hilarity!

Popular Posts