Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Where Shall We Then Live??

Well we are moving . . . somewhere . .. by the end of the month, or sooner, the only tiny problem being that we still don't have a place to move to.  No big deal.

Honestly, I'm not worried.  These things always work out.

Two things that God is pressing on me lately:

1.  Trust, trust, trust.  So much about enjoyment of life comes down to this most basic element.   (Another great Tim Keller message is Your Plans: God's Plans.)  This morning I picked up a page from My Utmost For His Highest, Jan.2, that Josie must have ripped out of my tattered book . . .
You do not know what you are going to do; the only thing you know is that God knows what He is doing. Continually revise your attitude towards God and see if it is a going out of everything, trusting in God entirely.  It is this attitude that keeps you in perpetual wonder- you do not know what God is going to do next. . . . Have you been asking God what He is going to do?  He will never tell you.  God does not tell you what He is going to do; He reveals to you Who He is.
2.  Safety should not be my ultimate purpose and goal in life.  As a person prone to fear, especially when it involves my children, I need to be reminded of this.  Of course we want to find a home that we will feel safe in, but avoiding any form of risk is not the life we are called to.
(building Daddy's Cleveland . . . in their pilgrim dresses.  
We are going to fit right in in the big city.)

In other news . . . someone in this house has been sick for the past two weeks and today it is my turn, and Josie was chewing on my phone charger (don't ask) and now my phone won't charge and the phone company couldn't access our account because who the hell can remember all of those passwords and so I couldn't get a phone and they said Jim would have to come into the store but excuse me he is in Cleveland and should this really be so difficult and Josie won't take a nap and just wants to chew on things like phone chargers and yesterday was the whiniest day ever I know because they all aren't feeling great but I thought my head would explode and one child just told me she doesn't like me and there is yogurt all down my shirt and I haven't even started packing because I've started reading The Pillars of the Earth instead and they all still don't sleep at night and we thought it was a great idea to get them both kid-mp3 players for Christmas but now they both sit in the same room and play different songs at the same time LOUDLY and my plan today was to be very intentional and very focused and just give my kids all of my attention but look here I sit blogging while they watch t.v. with both players still playing.  I hate the televison.  


I can handle the big things- it's the little ones . ..


p.s.  could somebody tell me if The Pillars of the Earth is worth the 973 pages?

5 comments:

Jo@Mylestones said...

Trust is hard. Really, really, ALL CAPS REALLY, hard.
I wish I had a perfect and easy solution to hand over, but I don't. And anyway, God's is gonna be better. (Don't you at least wish He will SOMETIMES tell us what He is going to do? I just like a little heads up every now and then, ya know?)
Hang in there, girl.

Seven From Heaven said...

Oh Jess You just made my day. I'm sorry don't take that the wrong way. Its just so good to know i'm not the only one that has these kind of days. Hang in there.

LMShunk said...

You make me laugh. :-)

at the end of the alphabet said...

I could not love your blog more. Your end paragraph was written for me, to tell me I'm not alone in feeling this way "who the hell remembers all those passwords" and nothing just works the first time some days. And not 'all' my kids like me. and some days my good intentions turn into 2 suckers & dora on repeat. I will miss you, but don't you dare quit blogging. Please, especially when they are feeling better, please let me help with the girls so you can pack. This house likes you guys. You're always welcome, as are your girls w/o you :) (i hope you take that the right way, haha)

Fijufic said...

I hope you find someplace wonderful that you can call it "home"...

I look forward to the next adventure in your lives.

Love,
Bobby