Monday, June 6, 2011

finding green (1000 gifts)



Happy are they whose transgressions are forgiven and whose sin is put away!  
Happy are they to whom the Lord imputes no guilt and in whose spirit there is not guile!
While I held my tongue, my bones withered away because of my groaning all day long.


For your hand was heavy upon me day and night: my moisture was dried up as in the heat of summer.


Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not conceal my guilt.  
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." Then you forgave me the guilt of my sin.
Psalm 32:1-6


31.  "I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."  -John Burroughs

32.  trading ashes for beauty

33.  happy are they whose transgressions are forgiven

34.  free to be weak, free to fail, freedom from perfection

35.  good words about bad art

36.  kind neighbors


37.  an energetic toddler who never sleeps as long as I think she should, finds a way into everything she shouldn't, demands to be carried all day long and whose constant wail surely causes the neighbors to question my parenting . . . who wears me out and melts my heart at the same time.

38.  the way she shakes her tush when she dances, pokes her belly button for comfort, and the ornery smile she gives when she's in trouble.



39.  washing loads of brights

40.  shade trees

41.  walking paths, hiking trails, finding nature in the city

42.  my grandmother's 85th birthday and smiling thinking that I can't call her because she's never home

43.  discussing books with my other grandmother (even if she wasn't as impressed with Berry as I am)

44.  a faithful and kind husband who helps with the kids, listens to my heart, and forgives his grumpy wife

45.  her nightly 2 a.m. creep into our bed

46.  looking forward to my brother Joe coming home for a visit and the whole family getting together- in Cleveland this time!

47.  Trader Joe's . . . so much to love about you

48.  a new babysitter loved by all

49.  lunch with an old friend

50.


4 comments:

Fijufic said...

#31 is my church....

ali said...

i love this jess. do you mind if i steal this idea of making this type list for my blog?

Elizabeth said...

such a great list :)

can't believe how big your girls are getting... all 3 of them. they're simply adorable.

tisa said...

emotional lowest of lows type of night...found myself here gleaning from your warm, wise words. thank you for #34. jesus was perfect for me=freedom. that is exactly what i needed.