(a couple days late) I am joining Ann this week in counting His gifts . . .
1. rejoicing comes in the morning
3. no enemies only grace
4. reading together
5. Wendell Berry
6. their little voices and listening in on their conversations
7. Josie's farmer's tan
8. hot sunshine
9. summer food, like caprese salad
10. the baby's rolls of fat
11. two hours of quiet in the morning, with children ALL asleep past seven, a first in fifteen months!
12. sloppy braids
13. laundry day and time to catch-up
14. a clean (for the moment) house
15. sleeping with the windows open
16. ceiling fans
17. how cool and inviting our bedroom feels in the morning light
18. one cup of coffee in the morning.
20. hand-me-down clothes x 3
21. pulling out summer clothes for the baby and finding my favorite things that I didn't think I would ever get to wear on a child again
22. roasted almonds no salt and mango tea, my favorite snack
23. Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
24. This, by Natalie Goldberg:
"I used to think freedom meant doing whatever you want. It means knowing who you are, what you are supposed to be doing on this earth, and then simply doing it."25. Googling what am I supposed to be doing on this earth? and finding that it is exactly what I want to do (even if I am still not really sure what that means).
26. dwell in possibility (emily dickinson)
27. sunglasses, especially heart-shaped ones.
28. fresh sheets
29. finally weeding the flower bed and going to get flowers later (yes, it is already June. Sue me.)
30. new friends=family friends=life friends=Gift