Wednesday, June 1, 2011

sunshine gifts


(a couple days late) I am joining Ann this week in counting His gifts . . .

1.  rejoicing comes in the morning

2.  Zeph.3:14-20

3.  no enemies only grace 

4.  reading together


5.  Wendell Berry

6.  their little voices and listening in on their conversations

7.  Josie's farmer's tan


8.  hot sunshine

9.  summer food, like caprese salad

10.  the baby's rolls of fat

11.  two hours of quiet in the morning, with children ALL asleep past seven, a first in fifteen months!

12.  sloppy braids

13.  laundry day and time to catch-up

14.  a clean (for the moment) house

15.  sleeping with the windows open

16.  ceiling fans

17.  how cool and inviting our bedroom feels in the morning light

18.  one cup of coffee in the morning. 

19.  sundresses 

20.  hand-me-down clothes x 3

21.  pulling out summer clothes for the baby and finding my favorite things that I didn't think I would ever get to wear on a child again

22.  roasted almonds no salt and mango tea, my favorite snack

23.  Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg

24.  This, by Natalie Goldberg: 
 "I used to think freedom meant doing whatever you want.  It means knowing who you are, what you are supposed to be doing on this earth, and then simply doing it."
25.  Googling what am I supposed to be doing on this earth? and finding that it is exactly what I want to do (even if I am still not really sure what that means).

26.  dwell in possibility (emily dickinson)


27.  sunglasses, especially heart-shaped ones.

28.  fresh sheets

29.  finally weeding the flower bed and going to get flowers later (yes, it is already June.  Sue me.)

30.  new friends=family friends=life friends=Gift

6 comments:

Misha Leigh. said...

I LOVE Natalie Goldberg quotes! Love this list, too...

LisaM said...

I've been contemplating #24 & 25 lately too.

Thanks for the wise words. :-)

camilla said...

What a beautifully encouraging and uplifting post. Thanks for encouraging me to also take a moment and think of all my many, many blessings today.

Fijufic said...

I love your journal. Your environment is so different yet so welcoming.

You are blessed. I know life isn't always perfect but you recognize your blessings.

Bobby

Misha Leigh. said...

PS I meant to tell you we have the exact same meyers briggs profile. : ) No wonder I love your blog so much. It feels safe, inspiring and beautiful! : )

Becky said...

so happy for #11 for you!! :)

#24-#26....LURVE! i just read the post after this one...about women and procreation and being constantly pregnant. love it....and then i came here and read these....this is exactly where I am!! is this what's up w/ being in our thirties???!!! :)

luv ya, girl!