Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday re-cap 3.16

The weather is so great here this week.  Yesterday when I opened the door to let in the fresh air this is what I found.  Apparently I live with a family of squirrels.
Speaking of squirrels, the kids spent hours outside yesterday, but in the evening I was cleaning up the dishes and Josie was begging to go out but I wouldn't let her, and she stood there sobbing, "Pease Mama!  I want to see da bunnies!  And da wabbits!  And da squiwels!  And da biwrdies!  And da wobins!  Pease Mama!"  and how do you say no to that?
I had one moment of panic Sunday evening, after the birthday party was cleaned up and I had tucked my two-year old in for the night.  I don’t have babies anymore!  And there will likely be no more babies on the horizon.  It has been what defined me for so many years- diaper bags, sippy cups, nap schedules, lullabies.  I love it, and I eventually found a certain confidence in mothering, and a safety in the simplicity of my role, the way that it eliminated so many other options.  But now as my baby is growing up I find that my role is changing as well, and I am beginning to think about what is next. I am so unspeakably grateful that I have been able to be a stay at home mom, and I don't intend to give it up anytime soon. It is always a little unsettling, change. Dwell in possibility.
Everything is lighter, simpler, easier these days.   We are sleeping!  (I know I have mentioned it before, but I am still surprised and rejoicing over this fact every morning).   


This morning at the grocery store my sweet Annie who normally can become overwhelmed in the store was nothing but sugar, bouncing and singing beside me.  Annie singing "you shall go out with joy" in the aisles of Costco today may be one of my favorite memories ever.  She is taking a little ballet class and loves it.  Josie sits and watches the whole time which is 100x better than I expected.  I think it helps that the class falls right before her naptime.


Speaking of Costco- I feel a little uneasy shopping there.  Does something feel unethical about buying these giant quantities of toilet paper or is this just me?  Because it is nice to not have to shop for toilet paper for the next fifteen years.
And Sam is losing teeth!  I can't help but be a little sad to see them pop out so easily, remembering how hard she worked to get them.


The fresh air and sunshine have me thinking about summer.  I am oh-so ready for school to be out and for plenty of uninterrupted time with Sami.  I can't believe how much I miss her, or how short the time is that we get to see her after school.  


Well that is my Friday afternoon recap.  It was a peaceful, sunny week, and I am thankful.  I think I will try to do these on Fridays, just the little random bits of home that I don't want to forget.  


A peaceful and sunny weekend to you!

No comments: