Saturday, March 24, 2012

where did this week go?




Oh Friday how can you be here already?  I just changed the sheets and scrubbed the bathrooms.  Just yesterday I finished the laundry every last load- there was one washcloth and a tiny pair of panties left in the basket.  And today the basket is full and there are rings in the tub and under my eyes and I am sitting down to write a post on Friday Saturday when it should only be noon on Tuesday.  The days fly by.

This week, we . . .

Had a potty-training party.  Josie has become quite picky about her diaper, as soon as it's wet she is crying to be changed, and she demands cloth not disposable and at night she just takes them off and tosses them over her crib.  I'd say she's ready, though on our first day we did not have great success.

Did not sleep.  She's having trouble sleeping at night.  Just when she got over teething, she is waking up 8-10 times during the night again . . . I forgot about the sleepless two's!

Wore shorts!  One cannot live in the midwest without commenting on the weather . .. sunny and 80's in March!?

Got a night out with some friends to hear Abraham Verghese.  Fantastic.

In the kitchen . . .
Ina Garten's cranberry orange scones (better when they're fresh)
Brooklyn Girl's Penne Arrabiata (we all loved this)
Pizza with Kale, Roasted Garlic, and Four Cheeses (Sam and I loved it, others not so much)
Pulled Pork BBQ (easy and good)

Got to see some friends, play at the park, walk to school, wear sandals, drink iced tea . . . feels like Summer to me!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

I know what you mean about laundry. It's such a beast. I know if I do one load a day, I can stay on top of it. But I'm not a routine person. Or a schedule person. So there's this fight of just sort of beating it back every so often and rarely ever getting to the bottom of the pile. #4's on the way: maybe I should just become someone else...someone with more structure...

LisaM said...

wait, the sleepless 2's? what!? please enlighten me before I go crazy after teething ends...

:-)

Maggie May said...

My kids slept better at twos, but maybe that is because they were breastfed until then... sounds like a busy full life you have :)